Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Am The Neighbor You Hate



I've been away from school and voice lessons for about a year and a half and it's been rough. I've been trying to keep up my chops and I really feel like despite being away Heavenly Father has blessed with a will to practice and a desire to get better. I'm actually really proud of my progress. So that's one part of why I wanted to post this video. The other reason is that I have had a really difficult time performing. I get so nervous and I feel like I can never show who the real singer inside of me is. (Wow that is so cheesy) So what better way to overcome your nerves than performing in front of the people you admire and respect most! (Oh my goodness what am I doing?) This song is a work in progress and I will be singing it for my audition recording. I would love some feedback from you classical music buffs. The beginning is flawed. I was having a hard time figuring out how long to take before I came in. But if you have any tips or suggestions I would love to know! This is me laying it all out there. This is the dream you have when you accidentally go to school naked. (I'm not even wearing make-up in this video guys! yikes).

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Your doing weekly uploads right? Will you do a dashboard song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to say other than, WOW. I love classical music and opera and am no expert, but I'm impressed. Far better than many other "trained" voices I am personally familiar with. Great sustained tone, powerful diction. And to do this while holding Nora. You'll be great. Kristin wants to point out that she thinks you look beautiful, makeup or not. For whatever it's worth. Be bold, be confident. You will impress with the performance of this aria. Good luck!! -alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockin the opera Rachel go for it please!

    ReplyDelete