Monday, January 14, 2013

It Begins!

You asked for it. So... ta da it's here. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Our lives definitely aren't super exciting but we love 'em anyway. I'll admit that I have started and deleted this blog half a dozen times before. It just seemed like too much of a commitment (says the girl who got married at 19). But I think I'm up for it now so... enjoy! (or don't that's okay too)

So this whole Navy thing has been a big change for us but I think I'm starting to get used to it - shopping at the commissary, meeting new people, killing new bugs. I can honestly say that I'm liking Florida. So it makes perfect sense that just as soon as we've settled we have to get ready to leave. We're awaiting orders but John graduates in March and so we should be leaving pretty soon after that. There's a chance he'll get assigned to a ship somewhere and be away for months at a time. But I really do feel lucky that he isn't going to be anywhere dangerous. I've been thinking a lot about what it was like the first time John and I were separated. He left for boot camp for two months and then was immediately flown out to Pensacola for another two. Four months is a long time to sleep in a bed by yourself. And so, Pillow John was born:


I swear it wasn't a weird or creepy. Mostly its purpose was to take up space so I could sleep at night. John  has one of these guys  in his class named Zurrelli that is always telling embarrassing stories about himself. I'm a Zurrelli.
Anyway, I figure four months apart is good prep for sea duty. But we're enjoying our time together while we have it. Here are some Christmas pics: 




Woohoo for the holidays. And lastly: here is a picture of all of us together. 

That blob in my arms is my nina. Also my hair is pulled back I haven't cut all of it off. Wow are we the worst picture takers ever or what? Haha there will be better ones on the way. 






No comments:

Post a Comment